Women are different – we have differnt bodies, different hormones and different mindsets. Gender based medicine is a relatively new field – until recently most medical research was done on men and the dosage ‘adjusted’ for women (after all, women are just like small men, aren’t they?) But women exhibit different signs and symptoms for many states of dis-ease and illness – for men the classic signs of a heart attack are crushing chest pain, possibly radiating to the left arm. For a woman having a heart attack, the symptoms may include indigestion, insomnia and back pain.. because these symptoms are commonly written off as ‘stress’ or ‘depression’ or even ‘menopause’, for many women their heart attacks may go unnoticed and untreated until one day they have a fatal ‘cardiac event’ and the previous episodes are discovered.
Celebrate Health. Celebrate Muliebrity
- Bone Health – Is Osteoporosis a ‘silent disease’?
- Does breathing matter? (answer – yes!)
- Women & Cancer & Sex
- Women and Heart Health
- Does Weight Loss Help with Urinary Incontinence?
- Is there a connection between bladder health and sexual health? (Yes!)
- Do you know enough about Hysterectomies?
- Living Well after Breast Cancer #3rdAge
- Bladder Pain Syndrome – Interview with Jilly Bond about Woman on Fire 2018
- What do we need to know about Endometriosis? (And why!)