Women are different – we have differnt bodies, different hormones and different mindsets. Gender based medicine is a relatively new field – until recently most medical research was done on men and the dosage ‘adjusted’ for women (after all, women are just like small men, aren’t they?) But women exhibit different signs and symptoms for many states of dis-ease and illness – for men the classic signs of a heart attack are crushing chest pain, possibly radiating to the left arm. For a woman having a heart attack, the symptoms may include indigestion, insomnia and back pain.. because these symptoms are commonly written off as ‘stress’ or ‘depression’ or even ‘menopause’, for many women their heart attacks may go unnoticed and untreated until one day they have a fatal ‘cardiac event’ and the previous episodes are discovered.
Celebrate Health. Celebrate Muliebrity
- Pelvic Pain & Mental Health
- Breast Cancer Prehab – Just As Important!
- Building Better Female Brains!
- Pelvic Health & Covid
- Breast Cancer & Bone Health
- Beta Carotene, Bone Health & Breast Cancer Rehab
- Pain As An Agent of Change
- Tigers And Pelvic Health
- PCOS Awareness Month
- What’s in a name…in women’s health?