Did you know:
- That Endometriosis affects up to 15% of ALL women, worldwide?
- That the Gold Standard for treating Endometriosis is laparoscopic excision with clean margins followed by pelvic rehab?
- That Hysterectomy is NOT the best treatment option for Endo
- That extremely painful periods should not be acceptable #killercrampsarenotnormal
- That an integrative approach, using nutrition, exercise and mind-body techniques is an evidence based way to support women with endo?
I had the pleasure recently of being interviewed by Lori Forner, of the Pelvic Health Podcast on the role of the physiotherapist in supporting women with Endometriosis, where we got to chat about the issues facing women with endometriosis, including the socioeconomic implications, delayed diagnosis, sexual dysfunction, fatigue, digestive dysfunction…and so much more
If you are interested in learning more about an integrative physiotherapy approach to Endometriosis, I will be teaching my Advanced Clinical Skills in Women’s Health in Bath, England on September 9/10 or if you are in the U.S., my Special Topics in Women’s Health in New Hampshire this October, covers Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, PCOS, Fertility, Hysterectomy and more….
Or if you’d prefer an online learning course, I have an Understanding Endometriosis course available through Medbridge Education
Until next time!